VIEWING OF LOTS
Viewing of lots takes place at our Shop Premises at 53 Alinga Street, Canberra City. You may download the catalogue for off line reading/viewing.
All Lots may be viewed from Monday preceding the Saturday of the Auction from 9.30am to 4.30pm each day. Late night viewing will be available on the Friday from 4.30pm to 8.00pm. Limited viewing will be available on Auction day and will be restricted to interstate viewers.
(1) By entering bids either in the room, by post, email, fax or phone the bidder accepts the following conditions of sale.
(2) The purchaser of the lot shall be the highest bidder (subject to a reserve if any), as determined by the auctioneer. When identical absentee bids are received then the first bid received takes precedence so it is in your interest to bid early. Bids must be received by 5pm on the Friday evening preceding Auction Day.
(3) The lots will be offered at the Auction at one bidding step above the second highest absentee bid received.
(4) Bids from people unable to attend the Auction are treated with the utmost confidence and handled by the Auctioneer in incremental steps. All the lots will be sold at one step above the second highest bid. Example: if a lot is estimated at $100 and bids of $110 and $300 are received the lot will be sold for $120 to the bidder who placed the bid of $300 providing there were no other bids on the floor at the Auction. Postal bids are rounded to the nearest $5, and will be rounded up at our discretion. Example: if a bid of $21 is received it will be rounded up to $25.
(5) Bidding incremental steps:
$5 to $100 steps of $5
$100 to $300 steps of $10
$300 to $1000 steps of $20
$1000 to $2000 steps of $50
$2000 to $5000 steps of $100
$5000 and above steps of $200
Estimates in the Auction Catalogue are conservative prices. Some lots will sell for less than estimate, others more.
(6) Please note the majority of lots have Reserve prices. The reserve price is normally three quarters of the estimated price. However this is not mandatory on all lots. Any bids entered at less than 60% of the estimated price are respectfully declined and will not be entered into the Auction (NB this does not apply to lots where $5 minimum is indicated.).
(7) The Auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw or re-offer any lot, group lots together, refuse any bid or refuse admission to the viewing area or Auction Room to any person.
(8) New clients should send references, credit card details or enclose a deposit in advance of the sale. Bids from minors are only accepted if there are adequate guarantees from parents or guardians.
(9) Agents bidding on behalf of undisclosed clients do so on their own responsibility both for the payment and safe delivery of lots.
(10) The Auctioneer shall not be liable for any default of the buyer or vendor.
(11) The contents of this Catalogue are copyright and cannot be reproduced in any shape, way or form without written permission of Edlins of Canberra.
(1) (a) Room buyers – payment is due on the day of the sale
(b) Postal bidders – payment is required within 7 days of receipt of invoice
(2) A 19.25% Buyer’s Commission incl GST is added to the price of each lot
(3) Payment by all major credit cards is accepted. Note a 3% surcharge applies
(4) Costs for packaging, postage and insurance are added to all purchases that are sent to absentee bidders.
(5) Late payment – a charge of 3% per month or part thereof is made. Refer to clause (6)
(6) Failure to pay – The Auctioneer is entitled to re-sell the lot either publicly or privately and the buyer is then responsible for any deficiency. The Auctioneer may also proceed against the buyer for breach of contract. Accounts not paid within one month will be charged 3% (clause 5) as well as an additional $10 accounting fee and a new invoice will be mailed.
(1) Descriptions in the Auction Catalogue are made with the greatest care and to the best of the Auctioneers ability. However they are not to be taken as statements of fact. Corrections to catalogue descriptions will be read out prior to the commencement of the Auction.
(2) The illustrations form part of the lot descriptions and lots cannot be rejected for features visible in the illustrations, margins, centreing, perforations, etc
(3) Lots are available for viewing prior to the Auction at Edlins of Canberra (office/shop premises). Any viewer who damages any item is liable for the estimated value of the lot. Please take care when viewing, particularly breakable or fragile items.
(4) Lots are sold as correctly described and genuine, unless indicated to the contrary, or sold ‘as is’.
(5) Lots that are proved to be ‘not as described’ must be returned within 5 days of receipt in the same condition as received. If items are altered in any way the buyer forfeits his/her right of return unless the Auctioneer has agreed in writing to such alteration (immersion in water or chemicals, removal of hinges/remainders, addition or removals of marks of any kind).
(6) No lot can be rejected if the buyer, or his/her agent has inspected the lot prior to the Auction.
(7) Collections, accumulations and lots including undescribed material are not returnable for any reason. Any items described as having defects or described as ‘poor condition’ are not returnable, particularly breakable or fragile items.